Thursday, August 19, 2010

"Clouds" for Paint the Town Event

This painting of "Clouds over Camden " is sold but represents a body of work I am in the middle of creating. I am exhausted from craning my neck out of the car window, pulling over at inopportune moments, taking photos and a thousand mental snapshots of the glorious Maine sky...all summer long. I think I'm obsessed. However, I do feel alittle better since I have discovered there is even a "cloud observers society" or some such organization. There's comfort in knowing I'm not the only nut out there. The Cloud painting shown here is representative of what I try to acheive with my cloud paintings. Using acrylic glazes and other mediums, my goal is to always show strong movement as if the viewer is being swept up with the clouds. I truly do get lost in the process. I have no idea how each one will turn out. They do take on a life of their own. If you're interested in seeing them, there are two examples of these paintings at Tidemark Gallery, 902 Main St. Waldoboro- two here at the studio, 689 Friendship Rd. Waldoboro. I will be entering 2 to 3 panoramas measuring 12" x 48" into the Paint the Town acution this Saturday night August 21st. The event is held at VFW Hall on Mill St. Waldoboro at 7 p.m. reception and preview is at 6 p.m. Kaja Veilleux auctioneer. Hope to see you there!!

Labels: